Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Programme Entrance Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the curriculum leading to the degree of Master of Advanced Pharmacy, candidates shall:
- comply with the General Regulations; and
- comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula; and
- be holding a Bachelor’s degree or above
- in pharmacy (for Clinical Practice or Community Health streams)
- in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, physiology, physical science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, biomedical/biological sciences, genetics, medicine, nursing or other relevant discipline (for Pharmaceutical Medicine stream or Generalist)
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, if required.
English Language Requirements
In addition to satisfying the requirements for admission to the curriculum concerned, an applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain examination result specified in the Taught Postgraduate Admissions website specified in the University of Hong Kong (Click here).
How to Apply
The successful submission of an online application consists of the following steps:
Please note the application deadline outlined on this website. Applicants should submit your applications and required documents by the application deadline.
Hard copies required:
Please post the following required documents directly Programme Office (General Office, L02-55, 2/F, Laboratory Block 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR) by the application deadline. Your application number should be marked on each document.
- Academic transcripts1
- If you have requested the transcript to be sent directly from the issuing university, please provide copy of transcript request form or application
- TOEFL/IELTS* official score report (if applicable)
- An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain one of the above examination results.
Soft copies required (to be uploaded on the application system):
- Degree Certificates
- Written statement of intent (approximately 300 words)
- Describe why you want to attend the Master of Advance Pharmacy Programme at HKU. Discuss your professional and scholarly goals and how that fits with the stream you intend to apply for.
- Curriculum vitae (inclusive of publications and academic awards, if any)
Either hard copies or soft copies are acceptable:
- 2 Referee’s Reports2 (preferably 1 academic referee and 1 workplace referee, if available)
- Your referee may use the academic referee’s report or write a reference letter describing why he/she believes you are suitable for admission to this programme.
- Your referee can mail the document directly to the department or return the document in a sealed envelope for you to mail to us. Your referee can also fill in the referee report sent by the application system
For pharmacists applying to Clinical Practice/Community Health streams:
(For local pharmacy graduates completing internship in 2022, these documents are typically not available until August and can be provided to the programme later before first day of class)
Hard copies required:
- Registration Certificate with the Pharmacy & Poison Board of Hong Kong3
- Annual Practicing Certificate with the Pharmacy & Poison Board of Hong Kong3 (to be submitted annually)
- Registration Certificate with other overseas Pharmacy Registration Authorities3 (if applicable)
1An official transcript is a document issued by an academic qualification awarding university/institution, detailing a student’s
complete academic record, including courses completed, grades attained, and the academic qualification achieved.
you are required to arrange with your degree awarding university/institution to directly post your official transcript(s) to our Programme Office by the submission deadline for verification purpose. Please allow sufficient time for postal delivery.
*Please delete as appropriate. Please note that the University’s TOFEL code is 9671.
2The completed referee reports with referee’s signature shall either be returned to applicant in a signed and sealed envelope or directly sent to the Programme Office by the referee. To avoid delay in processing the application, applicants are reminded to check referees' information (e.g. email address, contact number) and follow up with the referee(s) as appropriate. We also accept the referee reports or references to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.
|Round 1: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), June 3, 2022|
|Round 2: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), June 30, 2022|