Entry Requirements & How to Apply
How to Apply
Apply at: https://admissions.hku.hk/tpg/programme-list-2324
|Round 1 (main):
Non-local: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), April 28, 2023
Local: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), May 31, 2023
| Round 2 (Clearing):
Local: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), June 30, 2023
Programme Entrance Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the curriculum leading to the degree of Master of Advanced Pharmacy, candidates shall:
- comply with the General Regulations; and
- comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula; and
- be holding a Bachelor’s degree or above
- in pharmacy (for Clinical Practice or Community Health streams)
- in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, pharmacology, physiology, physical science, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, biomedical/biological sciences, genetics, medicine, nursing or other relevant discipline (for Pharmaceutical Medicine stream or Generalist)
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, if required.
English Language Requirements
In addition to satisfying the requirements for admission to the curriculum concerned, an applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain examination result specified in the Taught Postgraduate Admissions website specified in the University of Hong Kong (Click here).
NOTES ON SUBMISSION OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
(To be uploaded on the application system)
An email notification will be sent to you within 48 hours, please follow the instructions in the email and upload your supporting documents in pdf format for our preliminary consideration by logging in at: https://tpg-admission-addon.its.hku.hk/applicant
All documents should be submitted within one month starting from the date you receive the email notification. Your application number should be included on the file name of each document.
Transcripts, diplomas, certificates and other submitted documents which are not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English. Certified translation may be provided by your home institution.
Submission of originals/certified true copies of your documents is not necessary for the application. You will be asked to submit the original/certified true copies when your application is accepted.
- Academic transcripts1
- If you have requested the transcript to be sent directly from the issuing university, please provide copy of transcript request form or application
- TOEFL/IELTS* official score report (if applicable)
- An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain one of the above examination results.
- Degree Certificates
- Applicants with mainland qualification are required to submit Online Verification Report of BOTH Higher Education Qualification and Degree Certificates issued by CHSI (学信网) <https://www.chsi.com.cn/jyzx/202207/20220729/2207454837.html> with a validity period of 6 months.)
- Written statement of intent (approximately 300 words)
- Describe why you want to attend the Master of Advance Pharmacy Programme at HKU. Discuss your professional and scholarly goals and how that fits with the stream you intend to apply for.
- Curriculum vitae (inclusive of publications and academic awards, if any)
To be filled in by referee through auto-generated invitation email:
- 2 Referee’s Reports2 (preferably 1 academic referee and 1 workplace referee, if available)
- Your referee may use the academic referee’s report or write a reference letter describing why he/she believes you are suitable for admission to this programme.
- Your referee can mail the document directly to the department or return the document in a sealed envelope for you to mail to us. Your referee can also fill in the referee report sent by the application system
For pharmacists applying to Clinical Practice/Community Health streams
(For local pharmacy graduates completing internship in 2023, these documents are typically not available until August and can be provided to the programme later before first day of class)
- Registration Certificate with the Pharmacy & Poison Board of Hong Kong3
- Annual Practicing Certificate with the Pharmacy & Poison Board of Hong Kong3 (to be submitted annually)
- Registration Certificate with other overseas Pharmacy Registration Authorities3 (if applicable)
1 An official transcript is a document issued by an academic qualification awarding university/institution, detailing a student’s complete academic record, including courses completed, grades attained, and the academic qualification achieved. you are required to arrange with your degree awarding university/institution to directly post your official transcript(s) to our Programme Office by the submission deadline for verification purpose. Please allow sufficient time for postal delivery.
*Please delete as appropriate. Please note that the University’s TOFEL code is 9671.
2 The completed referee reports with referee’s signature shall either be returned to applicant in a signed and sealed envelope or directly sent to the Programme Office by the referee. To avoid delay in processing the application, applicants are reminded to check referees' information (e.g. email address, contact number) and follow up with the referee(s) as appropriate. We also accept the referee reports or references to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.