Dr. May PS Lam (林珮珊)
- Member, Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Hong Kong
- Registered Pharmacist (U.S.A., Canada and Hong Kong)
- Ontario College of Pharmacist, Member
- The Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology, Member
- Oncology Pharmacists Toronto and Regional Areas, Member
- The University of Toronto, College of Pharmacy, Structured Practical Experience Program, Teaching Associate
- The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada, Objective Structured Clinical Examination of the Qualifying Exam, Assessor
My Research Interests
- Side effects management of chemotherapy
- Effective patient counseling skills/techniques
- Medication safety
- Pharmacy awareness
- Lam MPS, Cheung BM, Wong IC. Prevalence of Potentially Inappropriate Prescribing Among Hong Kong Older Adults: A Comparison of the Beers 2003, Beers 2012, and Screening Tool of Older Person's Prescriptions and Screening Tool to Alert doctors to Right Treatment Criteria. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: 1471-2.
- Samaranayake NR, Cheung DS, Lam MP, Cheung TT, Chui WC, Wong IC, Cheung BM. The effectiveness of a 'Do Not Use' list and perceptions of healthcare professionals on error-prone abbreviations. Int J Clin Pharm. 2014; 36:1000-6.
- Lam MPS, Yeung CK, Cheung BMY. Pharmacogenetics of Allopurinol – making an old drug safer. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013; 53: 675-9.
- Lam MPS and Cheung BMY. The pharmacogenetics of the response to warfarin in Chinese. B J Clin Pharm 2012; 73: 340-47. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2011.04097.x
- Lam MPS, Cheung BMY. The use of STOPP/START criteria as a screening tool for assessing the appropriateness of medications in the elderly population. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2012; 5: 187-97.