Ms Jody K.P. CHU 朱幗珮
Ms. Chu completed her Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Clinical Pharmacy degree at the University of South Australia, she has worked as a senior clinical pharmacist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Repatriation General Hospital in South Australia where she has gained experiences in a number of clinical areas including Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Endocrine, Rheumatology, Geriatrics as well as various Surgical Specialties.
Ms. Chu is a Certified Geriatric Pharmacist and Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist.
Ms. Chu is involved in various public education activities with a focus on medication safety and optimized antimicrobial utilization, she has been invited as a guest speaker at public lectures and patient education programs both locally and internationally.
Office: 2/F, 21 Sassoon Road, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory Block, Faculty of Medicine Building, Hong Kong SAR, China.
Memberships & Editorships
- Registered Pharmacist in Australia (AHPRA, Australia)
- Registered Pharmacist in Hong Kong ( Hong Kong Pharmacy and Poisons Board)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Commission for Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy (USA)
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties (USA)
- Committee Member, Pharmacy Central Continuing Education Committee
- Member, Pharmaceutical Society of Hong Kong
Honours and Awards
- Early Career Teaching Award, The University of Hong Kong (year 2016)
- Infectious diseases and evaluation of antimicrobial usage
- Antifungal usage evaluation in immunosuppressed patients
- Antibiotic Stewardship Program & Therapeutic drug monitoring of antimicrobial agents
- Medication safety
- Geriatric medicines
- Chan, PTY, Chu, JKP. A Drug Use Evaluation of Amoxicillin/Clavulanate in Hospital Setting: a Focus on Prescribing Patterns, HKPJ, 2017; 24 (1): 11-17.
- Sing, CW, Wong, ICK, Cheung, BMY, Chan, JCY, Chu, JKP, Cheung, CL. Incidence and risk estimate of drug-induced agranulocytosis in Hong Kong Chinese. A population-based case-control study. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017 Mar;26(3):248-255.
- Sing, CW, Woo, YC, Lee, AC, Lam, JK, Chu, JKP, Wong, ICK, Cheung, CL. Validity of major osteoporotic fracture diagnosis codes in the Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting System in Hong Kong. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017 Apr 3.
- Mak, CY, Chu, JKP. Antibiotic Stewardship Programme: Focusing on Ciprofloxacin. HKPJ. 2016; 23(4): 127-131.
- Chu, KPJ, Avent, M, Shaw R. Evaluation of Antifungal Treatment Guidelines for Immunosuppressed Patients. J Pharm Pract Res. 2010;40(2):119-123.
- Australian and New Zealand Antifungal Guidelines. (Member of the Guidelines Writing Committee). Internal Med. 2008;38:496-520.
- Chu, KPJ, Nyfort-Hansen K. Hypothermia associated with olanzapine. J Pharm Pract Res. 2005;35:216-8.