Ms Janet K.T. WONG 王潔婷
Ms Janet Wong obtained her Bachelor degree of Pharmacy at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, where she further completed Master of Science in Cardiology (Essential Cardiology Concentration) and Diploma in Advances in Medicine.
Prior to joining HKU as a lecturer in 2018, Janet has developed expertise in local community practice as the pharmacist-in-charge and a drug information pharmacist of a community pharmacy chain. Janet served as mentor and preceptor for pre-registration pharmacists and pharmacy students.
Janet had served as the Programme Coordinator of the HKU Master of Clinical Pharmacy Programme, and remained in the Programme Team since she took up the role of Senior Pharmacist of Health In Action (on secondment). Through curriculum development and fostering of collaborative teaching and learning environment, Janet has been driving progressive transformations in the postgraduate pharmacy curriculum to meet the ever-evolving needs in the profession.
With Janet’s parallel role as a teacher and a practitioner at Health In Action Community Pharmacy, she is actively promoting practice-informed learning in local pharmacy education. To prepare the local pharmacy profession for the emerging role in immunisation, Janet has led the development of the local Standards and Framework of Immunisation Training Programme For Registered Pharmacists, which has successfully trained over 300 local pharmacists in 2021.
Janet has led the formation of Primary Care Pharmacy Consortium (https://www.pcpc.hku.hk/) with a goal to to translate the Department’s expertise in primary care pharmacy services to positive social impact. Through knowledge exchange initiatives and collaborations on primary care pharmacy service projects, the Consortium fosters the ongoing engagement and collaborations between social welfare sector, healthcare providers, and academia on service implementation, research, and professional training.
Office: 2/F, 21 Sassoon Road, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory Block, Faculty of Medicine Building, Hong Kong SAR, China.
Memberships & Editorships
- Registered Pharmacist (Hong Kong)
- Section Editor (Primary Care), Hong Kong Pharmaceutical Journal
Honours and Awards
- Best Poster Award, Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2011
- Pharmacy service models in primary care, e.g. medication management
- Transdisciplinary primary care delivery
- Medication Literacy
- Financial toxicities associated with cancer drug treatment
- Health In Action (2020-23) “Medication Management Service in Hong Kong Primary Care Setting: a Hybrid Type III Effectiveness-Implementation Study” - Co-Investigator.
- Knowledge Exchange (KE) Funding Exercise - Impact Project Scheme; (2020-21) “Impact of Online Medication Management and Education Resources on Primary Healthcare Services” - Project Coordinator.
- Knowledge Exchange (KE) Funding Exercise - Impact Project Scheme; (2019-20) “Online Platform of Medication Management and Education Resources for Primary Healthcare Providers” - Project Coordinator.
- Teaching Development Grant (TDG) Award; (2019-2020) “Development of Adaptive Scenario-based E-Learning Modules to Enhance Clinical Competencies in Medication Management”–Principal Investigator.
Primary Care Pharmacy Consortium
Immunisation Training Programme For Registered Pharmacists