Dr. Ignatius C.W. IP 葉鎮緯
Dr. Ignatius Ip joined the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy in June 2020. After obtaining his bachelor degree of chemistry (HKU), Dr. Ip worked in Department of Chemistry (HKU) for the project Hong Kong Chinese Materia Medica Standards funded by Department of Health, HKSAR. One year later, Dr. Ip pursued to his PhD study in Synthetic Organic Chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Pauline Chiu (HKU). In 2020, Dr. Ip obtained his doctoral degree of chemistry and in the same year he joined the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy.
Currently, Dr. Ip is an assistant lecturer in the department. His major teaching subjects are organic chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry and analytical chemistry.
Memberships & EditorshipsMemberships:
- Member of American Chemistry Society
- Member of Royal Society of Chemistry
Honours and Awards
- Best Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Chemistry, HKU (2017 and 2018)
- Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, HKU (2015)
- Function group modification of natural compounds
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of natural compounds
- Z. Li, S. M. Lam, I. Ip, W. T. Wong, P. Chiu. Rearrangements of a-diazo-b-hydroxyketones for the synthesis of bicylo[m.n.1]alkanones. 2017, 19, 4464-4467
2/F, 21 Sassoon Road, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory Block, Faculty of Medicine Building, Hong Kong SAR, China