Dr. Rosa S.M. WONG 黃思敏
Dr. Wong is currently a Research Assistant Professor jointly appointed by the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, Department of Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, and Deparment of Social Work and Social Administration at The University of Hong Kong. She obtained her Bacholer Degree in Psychology from the University of Rochester in the United States. She then obtained her MPhil and PhD Degrees in Pediatrics and Family Medicine at HKU.
Dr. Wong’s research work takes an ecological approach to understanding the range of psychosocial, behavioural and biological factors that influence health and wellbeing at both population and individual levels. Dr. Wong has experiese in applying both theoretical and empirical methods to develop new models in social science and public health. Her research in these areas contribute to literature on family environment and child health, health and health-related behavior promotion, physical health and screening behavior, and public health and patient outcomes.
- Child and adolescent wellbeing
- Family relationships and interactions
- Population health
- Digital media use
- Tung, K. T., Ho, F. K., Wong, W. H., Wong, R. S., Tsui, M. S., Ho, P., ... & Ip, P. (2021). Quantification of injury burden using multiple data sources: a longitudinal study. Scientific Reports, 11(1), 1-8.
- Wong, R. S., Tung, K. T., Rao N., Leung, C., Hui, A.N.N., Tso, W.W.Y., Fu, K-W., Jiang, F., Zhao, J., & Ip, P. (2020). Parent Technology Use, Parent-Child Interaction, Child Screen Time, and Child Psychosocial Problems among Disadvantaged Families. The Journal of Paediatrics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2019.11.006.
- Wong RSM, Yu EYT, Wong TWL, Fung CSC, Choi CSY, Or CKL, Liu KSN, Wong CKH, Ip P, Lam CLK. (2020). Development and pilot evaluation of a mobile app on parent-child exercises to improve physical activity and psychosocial outcomes of Hong Kong Chinese children. BMC Public Health 20, 1544. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-020-09655-9
- Wong RSM, Ho FKW, Tung KTS, Fu KW, Ip P. (2020). Effect of Pokémon Go on Self-Harm Using Population-Based Interrupted Time-Series Analysis: Quasi-Experimental Study. JMIR Serious Games, 8(2):e17112
- Tso, W.W.Y. (co-first), Wong, R.S. (co-first), Tung, K. T. S., Rao, N., Fu, K-w., Yam, J.C.S, Chua, G. T., Chen, E. Y. H., Lee, T. M.C, ... & Ip, P (2020). Vulnerability and resilience in children during the COVID-19 pandemic. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00787-020-01680-8.
- Ho, F. K., So, H-K, Wong, R. S., Tung, K.T.S., Louie, L.H.T., Tung J., Mirpuri, S., Chow, B., Wong, W.H.S., Lee, A., & Ip, P. (2020). The reciprocal relationship between body mass index categories and physical fitness: A 4‐year prospective cohort study of 20 000 Chinese children. Pediatric Obesity, doi.org/10.1111/ijpo.12646.
- Wong, R. S., Tung, K. T., Cheng, A. W., Shiu, Y. K., Wong, W. H., Tso, W. W., ... & Chow, C. B. (2019). Disentangling the Effects of Exposure to Maternal Substance Misuse and Physical Abuse and Neglect on Child Behavioral Problems. Journal of interpersonal violence, 0886260519849661.
- Wong, R. S. M., Ho, F. K. W., Wong, W. H. S., Tung, K. T. S., Chow, C. B., Rao, N., ... & Ip, P. (2018). Parental Involvement in Primary School Education: its Relationship with Children’s Academic Performance and Psychosocial Competence through Engaging Children with School. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 1-12.
- Chan CWH, Wong RS, Law PTW, Wong CL, Tsui SKW, & Tang WPY. Environment Factors Associated with Altered Gut Microbiota in Children with Eczema: A Systematic Review. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2016, 17(7), 1147; doi: 10.3390/ijms17071147
- Ip, P., Wong, R. S., Li, S. L., Chan, K. L., Ho, F. K., & Chow, C. B. (2015). Mental Health Consequences of Childhood Physical Abuse in Chinese Populations: A Meta-Analysis. Trauma Violence Abuse. doi: 10.1177/1524838015585317