Dr. Francisco T.T. LAI 黎子駿
Dr. Francisco Lai is a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, HKUMed. He obtained his B.Sc. degree in economics and finance from HKUST Business School in 2013 (graduating with Dean’s Award in Social Science) and his Ph.D. degree in public health from CUHK Medicine in 2019. He received the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship (for Postgraduate Students) 2018/19 in recognition of the potential societal significance of his Ph.D. research and was awarded the RGC Postdoctoral Fellowship (2020/21, inaugural exercise) in support of his postdoctoral training at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He joined the University of Hong Kong (HKU) in 2021.
Francisco is a pharmacoepidemiologist interested in the impact of primary care services and prescriptions on adverse health outcomes among populations affected by multimorbidity and in particular, the co-existence of physical and mental disorders. He has extensive experience in analyzing large healthcare datasets to address novel important clinical research questions.
- Public mental health
- Health equity
- Lai FTT, Huang L, Chui CSL, et al. Multimorbidity and adverse events of special interest associated with Covid-19 vaccines in Hong Kong. Nat Commun. 2022. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-28068-3 (2020 IF = 14.919)
- Lai FTT, Li X, Peng K, et al. Carditis after COVID-19 vaccination with a messenger RNA vaccine and an inactivated virus vaccine. A case–control study. Ann Intern Med. 2022. doi: 10.7326/M21-3700 (2020 IF = 25.391)
- Lai FTT, Huang L, Peng K, et al. Post-Covid-19-vaccination adverse events and healthcare utilization among individuals with or without previous SARS-CoV-2 infection. J Intern Med. 2022. doi: 10.1111/joim.13453 (2020 IF = 8.989)
- Lai FTT, Wong ELY, Tam ZPY, et al. Association of volunteer-administered home care with reduced emergency room visits and hospitalization among older adults with chronic conditions: a propensity-score-matched cohort study. Int J Nurs Stud. 2022. doi: 10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2021.104158 (2020 IF = 5.837)
- Lai FTT, Chan VKY, Li TW, et al. Disrupted daily routines mediate the socioeconomic gradient of depression amid public health crises: A repeated cross-sectional study. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2021. doi:10.1177/00048674211051271 (2020 IF = 5.744)
- Lai FTT, Beeler PE, Yip BHK, et al. Comparing multimorbidity patterns among discharged middle-aged and older inpatients between Hong Kong and Zurich: a hierarchical agglomerative clustering analysis of routine hospital records. Front Med. 2021; 8:651925. doi: 10.3389/fmed.2021.651925 (2020 IF = 5.091)
- Lai FTT, Guthrie B, Mercer SW, et al. Association between antipsychotic use and acute ischemic heart disease in women but not in men: a retrospective cohort study of over one million primary care patients. BMC Med. 2020;18(1):289. (2020 IF = 8.775)
- Lai FTT, Mercer SW, Guthrie B, et al. Sociodemographic moderation of the association between depression and stroke incidence in a retrospective cohort of 0.4 million primary care recipients with hypertension. Psychol Med. 2020. doi:10.1017/S0033291720001920 (2020 IF = 7.723)
- Lai FTT, Kwan JLY. Socioeconomic influence on adolescent problematic Internet use through school-related psychosocial factors and pattern of Internet use. Comput Human Behav. 2017;68:121-136. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2016.11.021 (2020 IF = 6.829)