Online Training for the Reconstitution of Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Programme
To access the "Online Training for the Reconstitution of Fosun/BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine" programme, please click here: http://biontechdilution-hkupharm-shphk.hk
Immunisation Training Programme For Registered Pharmacists
- The Immunisation Training Programme For Registered Pharmacists – Standards and Framework (Click Here) has been established to set out the general standards and framework for the professional training to prepare a Hong Kong registered pharmacist with role in immunisation.
- The Immunisation Training Programme intended to ensure confidence, competence, safety and effectiveness of the promotion and administration of vaccinations in different healthcare settings.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
Upon completion of the immunisation training, pharmacists will be able to:
- Ensure safe and effective immunisation practice with regard to patient care, vaccines storage and handling, administration, and documentation
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about the relevant diseases and vaccines to individuals and/or their caregivers
- Support individuals to make informed decision about vaccination
- Promote public awareness and confidence in vaccination
Overview of the Immunisation Training Programme
|Part A: Immunisation Certificate Course|
|Vaccine Administration and Immunisation Practice Workshop||
||Certificate of Completion1
|Immunisation Best Practice for Healthcare Providers||
|Part B: Supervised Immunisation Practice|
|Supervised Immunisation Practice||
||Certificate of Competence2|
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to a candidate who completes the Immunisation Certificate Course and obtains a pass in the assessments.
- A Certificate of Competence (valid for 2 years) will be awarded to a candidate who completes the Supervised Immunisation Practice and the competency assessment checklist. A valid Basic Life Support or Equivalent Qualifications (Subject to the requirements of individual practice sites) by an accredited issuing organisation is a prerequisite.
Immunisation Certificate Course
Core Domains of Immunisation Knowledge and Competencies
|Domain 1 – The International and Local Context for Immunisation|
|1.1||Immunisation and Public Health|
|1.2||Hong Kong Childhood Immunisation Programme and Vaccination Subsidy Scheme|
|1.3||Strategies to optimise immunisation uptake|
|Domain 2 – The Immune System and Immunisation|
|2.1||The immunological principles of immunisation|
|2.2||Vaccine preventable diseases|
|2.3||Vaccine types and components|
|2.4||Current issues or controversies in immunisation|
|Domain 3 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Immunisation|
|3.1||Supply of vaccines|
|Domain 4 – Immunisation Practice|
|4.1||Information resources and communication|
|4.2||Storage, handling, and transport of vaccines|
|4.3||Administration of vaccines|
|4.4||Clinical care considerations for immunisation|
|4.6||Management of anaphylaxis and adverse reactions|
|4.7||Documentation and reporting|
|4.8||Needle stick injury prevention and management|
|4.9||Clinical waste handling and disposal|
- The Immunisation Certificate Course is open to Registered Pharmacists in Hong Kong ONLY.
- Interested pharmacists can fill in the Online Enrolment Form (Click Here) to enrol on upcoming Immunisation Certificate Courses, which are offered on Saturday afternoon.
Individuals affiliated with the HKU Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy:
For any queries, please contact the Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy via email (email@example.com).